Over the weekend I took some time to update this site to the latest and greatest Drupal. Update itself was pretty straightforward and it went without any problems (great work Drupal community!).
More interesting part was something that I wanted to do for a while. Until now I was using old-school approach repo with all modules and other dependencies committed in it. Most of you probably already heard about the Composer. Thanks to Florian Weber (@webflo) and other contributors it is now fairly easy to manage your Drupal projects with it. There is a Composer template for Drupal projects available which will give you everything you need to get started. It took me just a good hour to fully convert my project (I am no Composer expert). I found this approach very nice and convenient and will be using it for all my future projects.